Switch on Facebook Messenger dark mode
Officially, Facebook Messenger does not yet have a dark mode. You can activate it by following the steps below. Such a dark mode is so nice if you want to chat with someone at night. The dark mode of Facebook Messenger was discovered by a user on Reddit.
This is how you can enable dark mode:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone.
- Start chatting with someone.
- Send the crescent moon icon (🌙) to this person or yourself.
- Press the moon and you will see a message at the top that you have found the dark mode.
- Tap the button to open the settings.
- Turn the switch on in dark mode.
From now on all your chats will be displayed in the dark.
Can not you activate the dark mode? The first shut down Facebook Messenger and try again. You can possibly restart your iPhone.
Facebook announced at the end of 2018 that a dark mode was coming. However, it was not immediately available but was postponed. When the dark mode is officially in the app, is still a matter of waiting. The makers have chosen a really black interface and not dark gray. It looks most beautiful on iPhones with an OLED screen like the iPhone XS.
According to rumors, iOS 13 gets a system-wide dark mode. macOS Mojave got that last year already and perhaps we will finally be able to hear at WWDC 2019 whether Apple will also introduce it for iPhone and iPad.