Thanks to Subscribe via Google, you can subscribe to newspapers in seconds. NRC offers the service first and that’s how it works.
Subscribe via Google
The search engine company released ‘Subscribe with Google’ in 2018, but has also been used in the United States for a few days. Thanks to this service, which is called Subscribe via Google here, you can make subscriptions to newspapers and magazines with a few taps. NRC is the first to work with Google. Subscribe to the newspaper goes as follows:
- Go to the NRC website ;
- You get four free articles from the newspaper, after which you are asked to log in;
- Under ‘Login for subscribers’ you will see the ‘Subscribe via Google’ button. Tap this;
- Choose the plan and you will be redirected to Google Pay;
- You can only pay by credit card or PayPal: iDeal is not supported. Confirm your choice by tapping ‘Subscribe’.
The big advantage of subscribing via Google is convenience. You do not have to fill in all your data all the time, and you can take out subscriptions in a few taps. You can also read articles via the NRC app because you log in with your Google account here. This is again linked to Google Pay.
Cancel your subscription
Do you read the newspaper less often than hoped? Canceling your subscription is very simple and works like this:
- Open the Google Play Store, tap the three lines at the top left and select ‘Subscriptions’;
- Tap NRC and choose ‘Cancel subscription’;
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
You can continue to read the articles until the next collection date. After this, your subscription is automatically canceled. For now, you can only go to NRC in the United States, but in the future, the search engine hopes to connect more magazines and newspapers. In the United States, you can take out a subscription through Google at all major media parties.